This year has been a boon for some while a bane for many, keeping in perspective the chaos caused by Covid 19. This global pandemic has hit us all differently. Those who have survived the illness and deaths have faced financial withdrawals or other forms of turbulence. Among all this commotion, people look here and there for some inspiration that can divert their distressed souls towards some creative outlet.
With Thanksgiving over and Christmas just around the corner, we are blessed to be able to make it to this day. While the travel bans in many countries, and for safety reasons, we will not be able to celebrate the festive season with full zeal, but one thing is for sure, we will continue to send and receive gifts as usual.
Let us make things easy for you. If you are an arts and crafts lover, we have just the right thing for you. It will keep you occupied for nth hours while keeping your creative spirit in full bloom. At the end of it, you can even use it as a décor element or gift it to your loved ones.
What is a diamond painting?
Diamond painting is a form of art which was taken up by crafters but in recent years the internet has highly popularised it. In Diamond Painting Art, you use tiny drops of resin or any shiny material (provided in the kit) and apply them on a pre-designed board or canvas with the help of a teller pen. The diamonds will stick to the board because it is self-adhesive and the drops are also glued to it.
How to do diamond painting?
Naturally, your next question is how to do diamond painting? Well, we have the answer sorted out for you.
Read the steps given below and all your ambiguities will be cleared.
1. Designate a place for your diamond art. It should be free of all distractions, well-lit and airy. The smell from the adhesives or package can be intolerable for some. Your workplace should be even and spacious. You can sit on the floor but don’t hunchback for long otherwise you will strain your back and neck. Use a coffee table if possible.
2. Empty all contents from the box. You will receive a canvas, diamond drops, teller pen, glue, and a box to store your condiments.
3. Flatten your canvas by placing it under some heavy load for some time. If it still won’t even out, place it under your mattress overnight and use it the next day. Your body weight will act as a heavy load for the canvas. Start by peeling the protective sheet little by little.
If you peel all at once you will risk drying it up. As you peel off, you will notice a picture that has a coloured image in the form of tiny segments. Follow the segments colour-wise and drop diamonds one by one with the help of the teller pen. If some portion of your canvas has dried out, or it is soiled with pet hair or dust, wipe it off with a wet wipe which will rejuvenate the adhesive coat.
4. Little by little complete the image and you will be astonished to see how your picture is turning into a full-sized vibrant canvas.
5. Upon completion, allow your canvas to dry. Place some heavy load on top to let the diamond drops to stick well to your canvas.
6. If you want to frame your canvas you can do so. You can drill some holes on the wall and hang it there in a frame or place it as a décor element on your rack or wherever you please.
7. If you don’t want to drill holes in your wall, use double sided tape for your frame or sticky pods that won’t harm your paint as well.
So this is it, your step by step guide to your diamond painting.
Reviews on diamond painting:
Now let us take a look at some reviews that are posted by people about the benefits of diamond painting and how they found it to be useful for them.
Laura from Kentucky USA has found diamond painting extremely aspiring. She found the kit on a famous website and was too eager to try it before handing it over to her children to play. Upon receiving her package, she opened it and followed the guide to work her way through it. Since then she has forgotten that the diamond painting was intended for her children, not her. She has ordered several more for herself and her children.
Adam from Brisbane Australia also has a similar review, but he says that he found the whole process of diamond painting very therapeutic. Since losing his infant son to Covid whom he was handling singularly. He wanted to find solace in some creative distraction, which was amply provided by diamond painting. How his time flies by now when he’s home after work, he can’t make out because he’s too busy diamond painting.
Tania and Warren from California USA wanted to find some creative hobby to pursue in the lockdown days and couldn’t find anything new since they had tried their hand at the many options available. They stumbled upon a diamond painting by chance and were astonished at why they didn’t think of it before. They have recommended the diamond painting kit to several friends so far.
So fellows, here we have it. Your Christmas gift problem is sorted out now. With the step to step guide and positive reviews from satisfied customers, your decision to choose diamond painting as your next Christmas gift for your loved ones is easy. You can order it online from any reputed website and also get it delivered with a personalised note directly at the doorstep of your loved ones.